TallyWay

"Culture: the cry of men in face of their destiny." [Camus]
My original intentions were to make this a photoblog, but fate seems otherwise determined. I live not far from an existential lifestyle and tend towards misanthropic beliefs. This is my blog.
Whether you read it or not is up to you. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you..for I do not care. Enjoy..or don't.

Time is a real illusion

London Classic Bus Hire
London Classic Bus Hire
I took these photos a while back but have simply been far too busy to deal with them. Evidently I found some yesterday night and today afternoon so here they are.

Went rollerblading along the seaside that day for a couple hours. Real nice weather.
PS: Got to love rollerblading.

I think I like this one better large.


I have been a bit over-my-head busy lately and it's mostly my own fault.
Procrastination has never been and will never be a good friend of mine.
I need to start doing things at a more organised and dispersed pace.
Longing for trips to the seaside to feel the warmth on my skin, not just through my eyes, through a double layer of glass.


My list-system is slowly breaking down.
Let me explain; a little after the end of the Christmas vacation this year I decided to start listing things I need to get done, the decision came closely linked to my other organisation decision with an agenda.
It started out as a simple list of all the things I need to get done, ranging from reminding myself to eat the apple before it went bad, to assignments and things I need to get researched. Post-it was my friend and they adorn a strip of my wall. The story goes on; the list evolved, noticing it was disorganised and accepting that not all points were as important as others. So, I divided the list up in three: the "Very important and needs to get done soon" list, a "Get it done some time when you find the time" list, and "Do it some day.." (i.e. unrealistic to think I'll bother to do it anytime soon anyway).
Assignments with deadlines and things to research got the left most spot, apples and union work type things went in the middle, and lastly more future-oriented things in the last.

The list ran a good life, crossing off things more often on the important list, a little less often on the second, and practically never on the last. But as all things needing much effort with me, I stopped giving it the necessary effort required. Summing it up in one word: procrastination. Not only did I start pushing things to the last minute, I also stopped bothering to put up everything I needed to get done. The middle and right-most list have been unchanged for a while and the left-most (most important) list is only occasionally being altered and crossed.

As I'm writing I'm realising that all I'm doing is whining. That was a good system and it got things done more efficiently. I'm telling myself I'm too busy right now to resurrect the list yet here I am sitting on blogger. Now that I've confessed I better go restore the list and see whether it can be effective once again.
Maybe it'll pay off with a treat to the beach under the shining sun. I sure need one.

In other news;
Two or three posts ago I had different topics in mind than the ones I ended up with. Those topics ended up as a small .txt list and have been left on my desktop for a while. They were going to enter in this post but my mind had other things in mind.
I'll list them here, expect them to appear in the next post.
- glasses of perception
- foreign-language, public space, and noise
- the unsettling heart
- thanksno

Until then..

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

You can leave your response or bookmark this post by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Lilith says:
    02/06/2009, 13:11  

    Your blog sucks. I left a comment and it was rejected. What I wanted to criticise was utkantenglands evident theft of the traditional LONDON emblem of the red double decker... For the benefit of the tourists perhaps? Being as dogmatic as they are and expecting-no, DEMANDING- to see red post boxes/phone boothes/double deckers and black cabs across the entire British Isles. Tell me I'm wrong, aren't I?

    I then, in the original comment, proceeded to quote The Smiths, because I <3 Morrissey. "And if a double decker bus, Crashes into us, To die by your side, Is such a heavenly way to die". This sends me such elation. top

  • Blogger TallyWay says:
    07/06/2009, 23:08  

    It has an attitude, that's all.

    Rest assured, this bus is part of some vintage bus show that goes on here once a year or so I think. No idea what it was doing all the way out there but it was there. I might be wrong though. In which case, consumerism sucks eh.

    What a joyful quote. top

Post a Comment