TallyWay

"Culture: the cry of men in face of their destiny." [Camus]
My original intentions were to make this a photoblog, but fate seems otherwise determined. I live not far from an existential lifestyle and tend towards misanthropic beliefs. This is my blog.
Whether you read it or not is up to you. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you..for I do not care. Enjoy..or don't.

Another day in another week

Horizons
Horizons
There were beautiful wisps of clouds in the sky that dissipated all light neatly across the sky today. I like how they create something like lines in the sky. They're also the reason to the sun's pretentious size.
I'm also trying the new polariser here.

View On White (not sure whether it fits well or not so I'm leaving the link here)


I've been lurking around the library and swimming through books so much lately that I haven't even found the time to pick up the camera for a couple weeks now. That was put to an end on Sunday.
I recently made the decision to (almost) always carry the camera with me whenever I head out and know I won't be professionally preoccupied. So on Sunday after dinner and some book scrounging I broke away from the crowd I whence started out with and went for a walk along the beach; camera in hand and finger on the button, photo ready. Not a bad idea I'd say. I spent most of the afternoon enjoying the lovely-slowly arriving summer.
Used up a full battery and put the second in... which turned out to be a stubborn one, refusing to work. I had it replaced today with a working one so all is good.

Speaking of electrical things breaking. My laptop decided to take its last breath on Saturday (or was it Friday?). Oh the horror. Harddisk is fine so it didn't completely jump off the ledge. I've narrowed the problem down to motherboard or cpu. Hoping it's the cpu for that I can at least replace. The motherboard would be a lost case with all these customised motherboards for laptops and all.
Fingers crossed it's an easy fix. My wallet is not allowing me to afford a new laptop so soon. Been looking at those ultraportables though.

More flickr updates will be up soon. One thing I (probably should have earlier) discovered that is pretty silly for me not to have realised till now is that there is no rule saying that I have to finish post-processing and post all the photos from one collection right away and at the same time. This makes post-processing and shuffling through photos from a day much more enjoyable. I'll stop whenever I feel like it and post whatever I have and save it for later whenever. Enjoyability and convenience aside, it gives a larger chance and more time for flickr'ers to see all my new uploads.

Time to go back to my another day in another week of another month in yet another year.

(Note; I'm testing a different comment form that will pop up if you click the "leave a reply" link under this post. Blogger doesn't allow me to create a different comment form for the "comment" link to the right but I'll try to figure it out.)

EDIT: I've changed the comment form back to how it used to be. Normal link to the right of here does the trick again.
EDIT2: New upgrade to the comment form. It has now been implemented both under each post and under the comment bar to the right depending on which link you click, with user friendly-interface in the spotlight.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

You can leave your response or bookmark this post by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Lilith says:
    17/03/2009, 20:44  

    belle photo.
    i haven't seen the sea in so long that i can't remember whether the tide rises or retreats in the evening. i'm guessing it retreats? (I know there's a more appropriate word for that in english but i can only remember the french), retreats and goes to bed? top

  • Blogger TallyWay says:
    18/03/2009, 00:00  

    thanks
    and here I thought you only live minutes away from the sea. Fjorder teller kanskje ikke da?

    Falling, ebbing tides? Any of those fit better in a English vocabulary? top

Post a Comment