TallyWay

"Culture: the cry of men in face of their destiny." [Camus]
My original intentions were to make this a photoblog, but fate seems otherwise determined. I live not far from an existential lifestyle and tend towards misanthropic beliefs. This is my blog.
Whether you read it or not is up to you. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you..for I do not care. Enjoy..or don't.

Just for the sake of posting

London Eye
London Eye


I know this is a rather boring photo. Ground-up-shot-of-monument photo. But I figured I just wanted to do an update now so picked this.
(PS; For some reason Flickr's auto blog function isn't working, curious)

So, tried street photography more or less for the first time this weekend. I rarely ever/never take photos with people as the subject so I figured I should try it.. a lot of rather boring and horrible photos. Not a single one I liked at least. I'll pick one of the people-containing photos for my next blog update.

On the non-photographic side:
Semester two has started again. My timetable for this semester is a complete joke. I have a four day weekend; Sunday - Tuesday, every week. It's rather idiotic. But my solution so far is to move my work hours at the health centre to Tuesday and spending more time in the library. Hopefully that will keep me off lazing around doing nothing.
Also, get myself a part-time job with hours in the weekend through to Tuesday. (perhaps)

I've discovered a nifty little network belonging to my uni. An entrepreneurship network, holding workshops every Wednesday, today was on Social Enterprises, very interesting workshop, very educating. I think I might keep going to their weekly sessions.
Next week: Marketing in the Facebook Generation.

Something less societal and more personal; I've found a growing interest for jazz. I've gone from only liking two artists to discovering dozens of new artists and liking the larger portion of them. I seem to have weekly trips to this small vintage cd shop down at The Lanes with a large array of cds most for only £2-4 each. Great place. All I have to say.

I will then end this post, but not before:

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned.
[W.B. Yeats]

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

You can leave your response or bookmark this post by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Anonymous Anonymous says:
    12/02/2009, 10:45  

    "I rarely ever/never take photos with people as the subject so I figured I should try it.. a lot of rather boring and horrible photos. Not a single one I liked at least."

    ahahaha you're such a bitch. was it the subject or the photographer that was lacking?!. careful now with your answer. :).

    also the yeats poem fits with the london eye. but i prefer his poems about sitting in his garden with green peas and bees. no actually my favourite is the no second troy, or whatever it's called.

    also 2) last semester i had NO classes on mondays or tuesdays either and it was very lovely but deadly. beware!

    keats.
    tomorrow must be fri 13th top

  • Blogger TallyWay says:
    14/02/2009, 14:54  

    such a cynic.
    I won't even answer that question.
    hah!

    Garden with green peas and bees? Why don't I remember this? I probably should. Time for a quick trip to the library.. or google.

    My favourite two words, it'll be a great semester then. But I still need things to cover up the annoyingly long weekday weekend. I don't think I can stand 4 days of weekending for a full semester. Friday the 13th..
    Too bad I'm not a paraskavedekatriaphobiac (never know whether I spell that right). But it would make my life a little more exciting. Well it came and went, just another Friday. top

Post a Comment