TallyWay

"Culture: the cry of men in face of their destiny." [Camus]
My original intentions were to make this a photoblog, but fate seems otherwise determined. I live not far from an existential lifestyle and tend towards misanthropic beliefs. This is my blog.
Whether you read it or not is up to you. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you..for I do not care. Enjoy..or don't.

I can hear, hear something...

Soar
Soar
Okay, this is extremely experimental. I am aware this isn't exactly an amazing photo but I had loads of fun trying to capture one of these. I've been and still am trying loads of different styles of photography and am having a ball in doing so.

I would greatly appreciate some constructive criticism. What do you like, what do you not, if it was you trying to capture/ post process something similar, how would you do it?


I've started doing something I promised myself I wouldn't here on my blog. I've made this blog a self-centred site. Well of course, I did expect to talk about myself and my life a little here and there. But seems like that is all I have done in the last couple of posts. Nothing I say can be applied to anyone else than myself. So I will try to step away from that again and make today's topic:

Sounds
More specifically; noise.
Everywhere we go there is this phenomena. Birds, trees, wind, sea, lakes, walking feet,,, cars, factories, horns, a vacuum cleaner, screams, machinery, explosions.
There are different sounds in this world. And in contemporary society it is mostly about the artificial ones. We can rarely go for a stroll and enjoy 'the sound of nature', the natural. The infinite time of development to come to its balance of sounds. The human conscious mind has its consequences, we create the unnatural and produce the artificial. We invent, we create, we fight to break free from the 'flow' of things.
For nature is not the inorganic body of homo sapiens. We decided against that centuries ago. Instead it has become our "tool" of sort and we reap what we sow.

Stop, don't move, just listen for a moment. Can you hear the silence? Neither can I. Is the blowing wind and the singing birds all you can hear? I didn't think so. Most of us have to travel for hours to experience this, because we have not only occupied land, not even just air and space, for we have occupied sound as well.
When was the last time all you could hear was yourself? Though this is a little far fetched for the wind and the trees create sound too, but if I had the chance to I for one would want to experience the sound of nothing but myself, but I am more than happy for just a moment of experiencing nature, the natural nature.

So here is my tip of the day if you who read are interested;
escape the town, escape all roads, all buildings, maybe all of humanity for perhaps just a few minutes, plan a few hours, it is up to you, and feel that you are part of nature and understand that nature is not a separate being. Listen to the balance that has been created through millions of years of development.

I am not a particular environmentalist neither am I a "tree hugger", I am just an individual who enjoys a little calm and peace.

EDIT: As a temporary measure for not having set up an "Older/Newer Posts" link yet I've set the main page to display 10 posts instead of 5. It'll mean a bit longer loading time but at least you'll be able to look a bit further back in time.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

You can leave your response or bookmark this post by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end

Post a Comment