TallyWay

"Culture: the cry of men in face of their destiny." [Camus]
My original intentions were to make this a photoblog, but fate seems otherwise determined. I live not far from an existential lifestyle and tend towards misanthropic beliefs. This is my blog.
Whether you read it or not is up to you. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you..for I do not care. Enjoy..or don't.

heyhowareyou

it must be said.
The most annoying passerby greeting that you can ever come across.
"Hey-how-are-you."
I'm not even going to put a question mark behind that because it's not even adressed as a question, it's not even said as a sentence. It's all one long word of a greeting.
No pauses in their steps, all you get is a quick smile and heyhowareyou, you manage to put across a 'hey' and if you're lucky, a quick smile back again, unless they already are five metres past you.
What's the point in even saying it if you're not going to stop and wait for an answer. At least do one of those two..

My suggestion? Take the word out of the English vernacular altogether. "Hi" should suffice if you're not asking a question anyway.

Labels: , ,

Post a Comment

You can leave your response or bookmark this post by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Lilith says:
    16/01/2009, 11:41  

    This comment has been removed by the author. top

  • Anonymous Anonymous says:
    16/01/2009, 11:42  

    yes i just removed my post apparently. i repeat. do people actually do that?- me top

  • Anonymous Anonymous says:
    16/01/2009, 11:43  

    the first comment was written from my google account :) top

  • Blogger TallyWay says:
    16/01/2009, 21:43  

    haha, you should keep writing from your goggle account.
    But, you seriously have never met that? People saying, heyhowareyou but keep walking as if they just said hi. You barely get the time to reply to their "question" and they're gone. Of course, you can say, I'm fine thanks, and expect an answer back, but that will force them to stop in their tracks to say "fine, thanks" or something, something they never intended in the first place.
    But of course, the other side of that could also be, I'm the one walking away from a proper question. xD I like to think that is not the case. top

Post a Comment